Tuesday 12 May 2015

REVIEW: CHLOE NEILL-DARK DEBT.

20556438   A vampire never gets old. But neither do his enemies. When a figure from Ethan's dark past makes a splashy debut in Chicago, Merit and her Master don't know whether he's friend or foe. But they'll have to figure out soon, because trouble is brewing in the Windy City.

At an exclusive society soiree attended by the upper echelons of the human and supernatural worlds, Merit and Ethan barely stop the assassination of a guest. When the target turns out to be a shady businessman with a criminal edge, Merit suspects a human vendetta. But the assassins have fangs....

The connections to Chicago's Houses go deeper than Merit knows, and even one wrong move could be her last.

REVIEW:
Well its safe to say iv cought up in this series now. I now have to wait till next year for the next book in the series. and im gonna start my review and say that sucks.  Im soooo not happy waiting to see what happens. I feel at a great loss and I think im having withdrawal symptoms lol. 

Well in this book we things heat up, the threat comes from the humans this time. a Mafia type gang are trying to take over Chicago  and they decide they want a peace of  vampire action. They bring a ghost from Ethans past past to gain access to cardigan house.

.
As we all know its took Merit a long time for Merit to come into her vampire self, and she has been immune to vampire glamour. but a blast from Ethans past manages to push past her barriers and defences. Merit has to pull strength to help deal with the psychic onslaught, while she finds a way to bring down both of there  enemy's  that are out to get her and her friends.


Ethan  has to deal with a ghost in this book and deal with his past to help save his future.  he has a lot of emotions going through him in this book. dread, possessiveness and I would even include a bit of sadness.but to help his friends he has to push these aside to bring down what threatens the ones he loves.


again in this book we get a long look at the secondary characters and I love that about this series.  you get to see different story lines within the story. and all characters come as a team. I love the way they work together to get things done.

I love that we see a lot of Mallory and Catcher and that Mallory took amazing strides to make up for her part in the bad things in past books. Im sooooooo happy to see that the pair get a happy ever after in this book and It made me fill up with tears at the love and joy that the book ended with.


its safe to say that this series has become one of my favourites, I love everything about it. the story lines, the characters, the amazing covers.  yes we had the odd book that wasn't as good as the other but I don't think it took away from the series. in those books we still got a good look at the characters.I really dont know where the author comes up with all the ideas that she does. every book has a story within a story and are filled with plenty of action and heart felt moments.This book was again well written, and it had an amazing story line with really good twists. All the main characters showed they could work together to defeat everything that came there way.

I think the only bad thing I want to say is we didnt see enough of the shifters in this book, I think they help make the story and they were sadly missed. here's hoping they make a bigger appearance  in the next book. 


RATING OF 5 LIPS.











1 comment:

  1. Great review - Thank you for sharing!! I love this series and can't wait to read it for myself!!

    ReplyDelete