Wednesday 9 May 2012

REVIEW!!!!

Title: Black Dawn
Author: Rachel Caine
Series: MorganVille  Vampires.
Black Dawn (The Morganville Vampires, #12)Date Published:    May 1st 2012




Description: The hotly-anticipated twelfth instalment in the Morganville Vampires series

In Last Breath, the rain brought a new and dire threat to Morganville and its vampires... their ancient enemies, the draug. Now, the vampires are fighting a losing war, and it will fall to the residents of the Glass House: Michael, Eve, Shane and Claire, to take the fight to an enemy who threatens to destroy the town, forever.

Lovers of Morganville, rejoice: Black Dawn takes the intrigue, romance and nail-biting suspense of the series to its highest level yet





Review: This book carries on from the last one, Morganville is under attack by the Draug. The Draug are vampires that move around in water. This book comes from different points of view and this I love. I  think it brings you closer to all the characters. Anyway in this book we are still fighting with the draug and Claire and the gang set off on a mission to cut off all the water in Morganville. but all goes wrong and Shane goes missing and when they form a rescue they find him in one of the Draug pools and they are feeding on him, when they feed on humans they give them dreams. some good and some bad but this sends Shane in a downwards spiral and he goes slightly mad because he doesn't believe Claire is real and he morns for the loss of the child he thinks he wont ever get. Now this all most sends me into a pit of despair, I just wanted to scoop him up into my arms and love him.

anyway as the book carries on and Shane becomes more himself they find a weapon that can really harm the Draug but when they are on there way back from finding it another great disaster take place and we loose the life of another one of our great characters, * sob* No I'm not gonna tell you who dies because I really don't want to spoil the book for you but it will break your heart.

Along side all this we have Amelie in the last book she was bitten by the master Draug and she is slowly turning into one of them and she is becoming very creepy and eww lol.  at the end of the book I thought Oliver was finally gonna kill her but he doesn't and we finally get to see why.

At the end of this book we see a couple of things happen, we get a new vampire and we see that there is going to big big BIG changes in morganville and no-one can make out weather it is for good or bad because Amelie

I so loved this book, well I don't think there is a book in the series that I didn't love but this one pushed the limits of amazing. It only took me a short time to read this book and the whole of that time I was on the edge of my seat cheering on the characters and crying at there loss, it was all most like I was part of the group of friends that I have come to know and love. Rachel has an amazing way with words and she has the knack to keep you wanting more.



There was some really good quotes in this book and I think you all should read them.

1, “Shane settled his flamethrower more comfortably on his shoulders. “Ladies? After you.”

“Rude,” Claire said.

“I was being polite!”

“Not when you have a flamethrower.”

2,"Score," he said, and raised the crowbar in triumph. "Who's your daddy?"


3,Shane - "Bro" he said in an injured tone, "I had to go out with a flamethrower and you weren't there to see it"
Michael- "Pics or it didn't happen"
Shane- "Dude, little busy for pics. You know throwing flame."


4,Myrnin- "Are you on your way?"
Claire- "No!"
Myrnin- Myrnin was silent for a beat, and then he said, "Bob would be very disappointed in you ."
Claire- "Bob the spider?"
Myrnin- "He looks at you like a mother you know"


Well I'm gonna add that I'm so glad that I put all other books on hold so I could read this book and I'm sure you it was well worth it, now I have the problem of waiting for the next book. If you haven't read this series yet then I strongly say to you, " why the hell not" go out and get it now. and read read read, because you are so gonna love it.


RATING OF 5 LIPS  




EXTRA AWARD



AND THIS IS FOR SHANE AND MICHEAL



No comments:

Post a Comment