Sunday 4 September 2011

INTERVIEW

Well guys, we all know im behind on some of my posts because I lost my book with the list of things I had to do.  BUT I have now found it now and I realised im late with an important interview. So I owe a very big sorry to Lisa Becker who I  said id review and interview for her. so today I hope I  can make up for my mistake.














SATIN- first id like to thank you for taking the time to talk to little old me.Now for anyone out there who doesn't know who you are, could you tell us a little bit about your self?



I’m a full time mom and wife to the best family ever; part time public relations professional for an international PR firm; part time professor of public relations courses at a state university in California; and I’m bringing to market a children’s education product that I’ve invented.  Somehow in between all of that, I managed to write a novel.  Needless to say, there’s never a dull moment around here. 



SATIN-. Now then, what was the spark behind this book? What inspired you into writing this great piece  of work?



Well first off, thank you for calling Click: An Online Love Story a “great piece of work.”    But, back to your question.  My husband and I met online on a popular dating website.  After we married, I was recalling some of the hilarious experiences that I had with both traditional and online dating.  I decided to capture some of them in writing and from there, a novel emerged.  Click is loosely based on my real-life dating experiences, as well as stories friends have shared with me.  In some cases, things are written as they actually occurred.  Other scenarios are exaggerated for entertainment value or comedic affect.  And some scenarios are completely fictionalized. I really did go out on a date with someone I met online who started every story (no joke!) with “My buddies and I were out drinking last night.”  But, the happy ending is real.  Steve and I have been happily married for eight years and have two amazing daughters. 





SATIN- What was your favourite part of this book, and did you find any of it really hard to write



My favorite part is the interaction between Renee and her friends.  In my opinion, there’s nothing like having a group of close friends who can support you when things get tough, laugh with you when things get ridiculous, console you when you’re down, and cajole you into doing things that they can see are good for you, but you are reluctant to embrace. 



The hardest part was keeping the timeline and email exchanges organized.  Sometimes, I would have to look back a few pages earlier to make sure I had cc’d or bcc’d the right people on an email and that the subject lines were consistent.  In some cases, there were replies to forwards to replies.  Keeping it all straight was a challenge, but essential to the book’s format. 





SATIN- OK from speaking to some of my other author friends, i know some of them have a routine when they are writing. Do you have a routine and can you tell us what it is?



I like to write with the television on in the background.  When I first started writing, I was obsessed with Law & Order reruns.  Now, I can’t seem to get enough of NCIS.  I guess there’s a part of me that likes to see justice served. 







SATIN- When writing your books, what normally comes first, the charactors or the idea of the novel?



In this case, it started with the character’s story. As mentioned, I started reading through early email exchanges between me and my husband as well as some of the other emails I had received during my online dating experiences.  I started writing up some of the hilarious stories.  From there, the idea of a novel developed. 



SATIN- OK my followers know I like to ask a random questionn, But for you, you lucky girl, you get two. lol.





a, If you could take anyone out for a meal (dead or alive) who would it be and why.



Jon Stewart.  I think he’s brilliant, charismatic and funny as hell.



b, Ok one of my favourite questions, all the girls who follow me and most of the female authors have a favorite book guy, so do you have a favorite book guy, whether its out of your book or someone else’s.



As mentioned, there’s a part of me that likes to see justice served.  That being said, my favorite male book character is Atticus Finch.  To Kill a Mockingbird is both my favorite book and movie. 



SATIN- Lastly have you got any thing else you would like to add for my followers

I’ve said many times before, if it happened for me, there’s hope for you.  And, as my grandmother used to say, for every chair, there’s a tush.  Love is out there; just be patient.  And concentrate on being a complete, happy and fulfilled person on your own.  When you are happy and secure in your own life, you will be much more attractive to someone else. 



Also, I have a Facebook page here set up for Click: An Online Love Story.  I’ve been asked numerous times when the sequel is coming out.  I’m thrilled people are feeling invested in the characters and want to know more.  Due to the feedback so far, I have started working on a sequel, Double Click that picks up a year or so later.  I hope people will be excited to see where Renee and her friends are in their lives. 



 *************************************


There you have it guys  Lisa Becker . Now dont forget to keep an eye out for my review of Click.
































No comments:

Post a Comment