Tuesday 5 June 2012

TEASER TUESDAY!!!!

PhotobucketTeaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following..






1. Grab your current read.
2. Open to a random page.
3. Share two 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page.
4. Add the title and Author's name too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR pile.




BE CAREFUL NOT TO ADD SPOILERS

********************************************

SILVER-TONGUED DEVIL


I felt eyes on me, a palpable but unmistakable sensation. Figuring the chick had spotted me, I kept my eyes averted. Acknowledging her presence would be asking for trouble.
Instead, I focused my gaze across the street, where the coroner and his assistant hefted the body bag into their van. Somewhere in the city, a roommate or a partner or a mother expected that dead guy home at any minute. My stomach cramped at the thought of some gray-haired woman learning that her son had been slaughtered and left to rot like garbage. To her, only a monster could discard human life so carelessly. And she’d be right.
Funny. I never used to think of vampires as monsters. Back when I lived as one, human life was no more valuable than a Big Mac. I gripped the small cooler in my hand tighter. The bagged blood inside was more than just sustenance. It represented my new life among the mages, one where I’d learned to control my baser instincts.
So why did my fangs still throb?




Caressed by Moonlight (Rulers of Darkness, #1)


“Dorian.”

Her voice brushed chills down his spine. He was afraid to turn

around, to look upon her. His muscles clenched as he stood perfectly

still.

“Yes?” he asked, his throat dry. His cold heart tightened as he

listened to her cross the floor. She stood behind him, he could feel her,

smell her, taste her. She placed a warm, small, thin hand on his

shoulder and he shuddered.

Victoria came up to her tiptoes; leaned against his hard back,

and lightly whispered, “Make love to me.”





Stained




The monster clawed the dark sky, hissing and spitting and belching ash. Its fat
orange talons twisted the little house until it cracked, until the walls caved and the roof
collapsed.
Neighbours sprang from their quiet homes and stumbled to the yard, drunk from the
light, shouting for help. And for nothing. No one inside was alive.
Julia knew this.
She watched the fire as it swelled, as it swallowed glass and gulped brick. She
watched while her clothes and books and,
God, the bodies of her parents, stoked the
beast.
The wet Memphis wind whipped smoke through her hair as the remains of the little
house on Galloway Avenue rained over the street.
Sirens wailed, frantic screams interrupted by the sound of a million kettles
screeching:
The end! The end! And it was the end.




**************************


OK as you can see I have three teasers for you this week. I'm reading all three of these books and couldn't make up my mind about which one to tell you about, so I'm telling you about them all. If you have a teaser you would like to share please feel free to come and tell me about it, weather you run a blog or not. xxx










1 comment:

  1. OOoh multiple teases!! All very nice!! Love the Sabina Kane series! Must read the last one still! Happy Reading!!

    Here's my Teaser

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete