Tuesday 11 August 2015

REVIEW: ALYSON NOEL - SHADOWLAND

6581511   Ever and Damen have gone through countless lives and fought off the world’s darkest enemies so they could be together. But just when an everlasting future is finally within their reach, Damen is struck down by a curse—a dark spell separating him and Ever for eternity. Now sharing so much as a single touch could bring about Damen’s death…and send him plummeting into the Shadowland, an eternal abyss for lost souls. Desperate to break the curse and save Damen, Ever immerses her herself in magick. And in her quest, she gets help from an unexpected source...a surfer named Jude.

Although she and Jude have only just met, he feels startlingly familiar. Despite her fierce loyalty to Damen, Ever is drawn to Jude, a green-eyed golden boy with magical talents and a mysterious past. She’s always believed Damen to be her soulmate and one true love—and she still believes it to be true. But as Damen pulls away to save them from the darkness inhabiting his soul, Ever’s connection with Jude grows stronger—and tests her love for Damen like never befor  



Review: 

In this book we see Ever get a new job which brings her closer to Jude, she finds her self drawn to him but doesnt know why.  Damen realises that Jude played a part in Evers past life and moves aside to give them a chance thinking its Karma catching up with him. He thinks he has taken some very important choices from Ever and he wants her to make some on her own. In my oppion he needs to keep making the choices for Ever because she clearly cant make the right ones for her self. 

along with this story line we see that Heaven is rowing closer to Roman which turns out to be very bad for her. it takes Ever to save her but it could be at the cost of her friendship.  

We also see alot  of the twins in this book and I was very interested to read there story. Im really starting to see why Rayne doesnt like Ever very much . But I love Damen for taking them in and welcoming them as part of his family.


When I started reading this book I couldnt put it down. I find this series is getting better as it goes along but all books seem to have one blig flaw and thats EVER!!! . I know I need to remember that she is only 16 but I struggle with this. she comes accross as so much younger. she is very self absorbed , thinking only about her self. If she put her friends first for a change then maybe Heaven wouldnt of ended up in the position she did. Why oh why does she keep making the same mistakes over and over again. why listen to a man who has been proven to be bad.  Why not listen to the twins when they tell her to make the right choice. Ok rant over.

I come across like I dont like this series but I do. it really seems to be growing on me. I do strugle to put it down. and the story line is amazing I love all the characters except Ever. Damen is amazing and I really dont know why he hasnt given Ever the push yet. Maybe he should of moved on to Heaven and give her a happly ever after because I think she is the one that needs it.  


So much more could be done with this series if  the author gives Ever a few more brains and a bit more backbone.  




RATING OF 4 LIPS. 





Image result for needs work


No comments:

Post a Comment