Saturday 30 May 2015

JACINTA MAREE INTERVIEW

A few week ago I got introduced to a author, and I read one of her books. It was a series I don't think I would normally pick up but I totally got captured by the front covers. I went out right out and bought the first book and I loved it.  Totally new and fresh storyline and amazing characters.  If you want to see what I thought about the book then you will find my review here  REVIEW!. Now im here today with the author of the series and she has took the time to answers some questions for us. but before we see what she has to say let me tell you a little about her.







Author Bio




Born in Melbourne Australia, Jacinta Maree considers herself a chocoholic with an obsession with dragons, video gaming and Japan. She writes a variety of genres including YA paranormal, steampunk, horror, new adult, dystopian and fantasy. Winner of 2014 Horror of the year and best selling author, Jacinta writes to bring enjoyment to others while fulfilling her own need to explore the weird and the impossible.

Interview




1, Hi Jacinta , Its great having you here, thank you for taking the time to talk to me. can you tell us a little about your self



 Hey Susie, thank you so much for inviting me over to chat. Well, let’s think. What’s interesting about me? I am currently 24 years old, I was born in Melbourne, Australia and I am a huge video gamer. I love attending conventions like Supanova and Comic Con, I’ve been to Japan three times and I hate the cold.I’m grossly pale, so much so I’ve been told I’m one shade above albino and I don’t know what my natural hair colour is anymore. Something people may not know about me is that I like to collect tea sets. But, at the moment, I have so many tea sets I don’t have any more room for them sadly.  Ha, first world problems, right? 


 2 ohh my son would love to go to comic con, I think you and him would get along great lol. Now can you tell me how did you decided to become a writer.


 It was never really a moment I thought, “yes, I want to be a writer” it’s just something I’ve always done. Even if I was never published and my work never saw the light of day, I would still be writing. I decided to try and become published when I left high school. I had a manuscript (My Demonic Ghost) that I thought wasn’t that bad, so I tried my luck with Australian pubs before searching overseas. It still feels like I’m playing make believe, that someday someone will tear my author badge off my chest and slap me awake with it. I guess it’s still hard for me to believe my greatest dream came true.


 3 After reading the first in the Demonic Ghost series I really dont think anyone will be taking that badge. Can you tell me who was your inspiration, who made you think yes this is what I want to do.


 Hmm… my inspiration. Growing up I wasn’t much of a reader surprisingly, and no one in my immediate family were writers so I’m not sure what made me chase down the author’s dream. But, if I was to answer that question now, I’m continuously inspired by the authors around me. They are truly, 100 % amazing people who pour their heart and soul into their work. They are kind, hardworking, talented, funny and always looking out how to help out their fellow writer/blogger/reader or whatever. It’s an instant bond and I write to try and keep up with their amazingness (not a word but meh).  


 4,I have to agree with what your saying because I know some amazing authors. So you must get time to your self, time when you have some you time, when your not writing, How do you spend your free time.


 I love playing video games, so when I’m not writing (and when I’m SUPPOSED to be writing) I’m playing video games. I’m more of a RPG type of gal, and I think I’m drawn to it because of the similarities it has with writing. It’s a chance to go on an adventure. With role playing games I have control over the character to some extent. Unlike movies that squash everything down into a two hour window, games can go on for ages which allows multiple levels and twists in the plot and characters.


  5,I dont play video games so I have no idea what RPG is lol, so I wont embarrass myself and move onto the next question lol.  can you tell us a little about your latest work


 Gladly, I have two pots currently in the fire. One, which I had signed on with Ragnarok Publishing, is called Time Weaver. It’s set in a steampunk universe and has a strong supernatural element through the entire series. It revolves around creatures called Time Collectors that are capable of exchanging wishes for time. This series is closer to a YA than a NA. It’s scheduled for release in January and I’ve already got book two in the works. My second series I’m writing is a NA project called Soulless. It’s a dystopian based a few hundred years into the future where reincarnation has plague humanity with immortality. It’s fascinating writing about a world where humans no longer fear death.And where madness and love entwine into a dangerous game of trust.


  6, Wow, both sound like interesting reads and im gonna have to get my hands on them.  how did you come up with the idea of the story and characters


 With My Demonic Ghost, Lock was the product of Casper the friendly ghost cross with Peter Pan, but more with an attitude problem. The seven sins were fun to write, I really had to dive into the world completely overrun by Sloth or Lust or Greed to capture them properly.I think my favourite is a toss-up between the creature Mother and Raix, the wolf goon. They expressed themselves more with body language than actual words.The more complicated characters for me were Gargoyle and the other tainted hunters. Gargoyle carried a lot of rage with him, but also perceived himself as a righteous man so he was conflicted with himself a lot.


 7.I have to say I really wanted to jump into the book and help Lock, He had my mothering instincts kicking in lol.  has your book series done as well as you thought it would. is there any where in particular you would like your series to do well.


 I’m assuming a person thinks a series does well in terms of profit. I don’t like to follow my sales because I know I’ll be obsessing over numbers instead of actual writing the books. I am very happy with how the series has been, and not because of any awards or bestselling status, but because I’ve formed friendships over it. I’ve helped other people. I made life that little bit more interesting for someone else. It’s such an incredible feeling, I rather that over a pay cheque any day.Sure, I would love to be able to go into a bookstore and see my beauty sitting on the shelves, but that’s not why I’m writing or why I will continue to write. So yes, I am very happy. 


8, I really love the way you look at things, your a girl after my own heart.  so  do you have any ideas for future books.


 Always. There’s always something sitting at the back of my head, making me feel guilty because I’m not writing it. My next in line, depending on my mood/ motivation, is a dark fantasy called Empty Realms. I’m still in the process of figuring out everything. I can’t start writing with only vague ideas, I need to know almost everything about the characters and their worlds. What do they like to eat? What’s their back story? How do they treat their parents / family/ friends and enemies? What is the environment like? How do they live? Where do they live? Why do people act this way? So on and so forth.It’s a very lengthy process but I know it has to be done. Otherwise, I’m mostly focusing on my current series and writing the next volumes.


 9 .Im not sure I could keep myself that focused, id loose track and my mind would wander off on its own lol. there are so many people wanting to get into the world of writing these days and I cant imagine it to be very easy. can you give any advise to future our  authors.


 I’ve had a few aspiring writers come up to me at conventions / over the net asking for tips and hints. As much as it pains me I don’t have any hidden secrets authors aren’t sharing to help you become published. If you want to become a published author then start writing.I have to laugh at how many people actually ask me for advice, and when I ask them about their current manuscript they confess to not have written it. Can’t publish a book that’s not there.Once you’ve written your manuscript, go back over it again and again. Then, get it professional edited. I also think networking is very important. Go out there and help other writers out, join writer groups and keep practising and reading.The beauty of publishing now is you don’t have to wait on the answer from the big traditional publishers. If you want to become published, and what you have written you are proud of and it’s edited to its best, you can always go into self-publishing.Really, authors are getting more and more power back. And it’s really fantastic to see fresh writers getting a chance to be heard.


 10. Jacinta you have been amazing to talk to. Thank you for taking the time to talk to us. is there anything else you would like to talk to my followers about.  


It’s my absolute pleasure, thank you for inviting me.Not sure how many of your followers are Aussies, but just in case there are, you should definitely come along to Oz Comic Con in Melbourne. I absolutely love conventions and I always have such a fantastic time meeting new people. If you’re around, come out and hang with me in Artist Alley.I’ll even tempt you, if you find me and tell me you’re a fan of Satins Bookish Corner, I’ll give you something VERY special. (This is only for the first person to find me. I only have one, sorry.)


 If your interested in finding out more about Jacinta then please foloow the links below.You can find her here:Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jacinta.maree.10

Deviant art: http://jacintamaree.deviantart.com/

Twitter: jacintamaree6.com

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6448929.Jacinta_Maree
 Deviant art: http://jacintamaree.deviantart.com/
Twitter: jacintamaree6.com
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6448929.Jacinta_Maree    Deviant art: http://jacintamaree.deviantart.com/ Twitter: jacintamaree6.comGoodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6448929.Jacinta_Maree    Deviant art: http://jacintamaree.deviantart.com/ Twitter: jacintamaree6.comGoodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6448929.Jacinta_Maree    Deviant art: http://jacintamaree.deviantart.com/ Twitter: jacintamaree6.comGoodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6448929.Jacinta_Maree    Deviant art: http://jacintamaree.deviantart.com/ Twitter: jacintamaree6.comGoodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6448929.Jacinta_Maree    Deviant art: http://jacintamaree.deviantart.com/
Twitter: jacintamaree6.comGoodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6448929.Jacinta_Maree  

 









Now let me tell you more about some of Jacintas  books, below you will find a picture and a short blurb and the buy links. 




Book Links



My Demonic Ghost Banished Spirits #1


Rachael has traveled to Whitehaven to visit her father, a trek she can not help but dread given his recent descent into madness. Upon her arrival she realizes his deterioration has not only been mental, it's been physical as well. His death comes as no surprise, but what she discovers soon after, is shocking when his burden becomes hers. Lock is a banished spirit who must attach himself to a human host in order to hide from those who would drag him back to hell to be destroyed. When he meets Rachael he finds more than a host, he finds an ally. Together they must defeat each of the seven sins in order to guarantee Lock's safe passage into the Third Realm, a loophole in creation that would allow him to escape hell and have peace at long last. Through their unlikely friendship, other banished spirits flock to them in hopes of a peace they hadn't dreamt possible.

My Demonic Ghost The Reapers #2




The day you die is meant to be the end, but for 18 year old Jordon Hastings, his death was only the beginning. In a dark and twisted world, lost spirits known as Reapers remain behind after death to help collect the spirits from the realm of the living. A new Reaper, Jordon struggles to accept his fate and lingers in the shadows of his mortal life. But when a demon wolf starts to live through his shadow, hunting his family and friends Jordon has no choice but to leave. As soon as he accepts his new role the truth behind the relationship between Reapers and Angelic Hunters is revealed. His loyalty is tested, making him choose between a corrupted God and a single Banished Spirit




My Demonic Ghost Hunters and Creators #3



It’s been five years since the phenomenon that shook the world’s belief in the supernatural. It has become a worldwide obsession as crowds flock together in hopes of catching a glimpse of the spirits. That is most… except Rachael Hastings. 

Rachael, now at University, lives with a giant blank page in her memory from when she was fifteen years old. Plagued by nightmares of a green-eyed monster, Rachael tries to stay as far away from the paranormal as humanly possible. Despite her efforts, he stalks her through the shadows and appears in her dreams for reasons she can’t understand. 

Along with friends from school, Rachael returns to Whitehaven. During her stay she is caught up in the ongoing war between heaven and hell she had unknowingly escaped from years ago. 

Forced into the care of Gargoyle the Hunter, Rachael attempts to piece together her shattered memory. As emotions grow between them, a familiar green-eyed demon returns to her side, claiming that Rachael is his one true love. With the world falling apart around them, can Rachael remember who she loves and which side is right before it’s too late?






 Wow this has been fun, id like to take the time to thank Jacinta again. Iv really enjoyed finding out about her and her books and it looks like there is more books going on my TBR pile lol. I hope you have enjoyed this as much as I have  and for all my Aussie  followers dont forget to go along to comic con and mention me :D. 

2 comments:

  1. Hooray!! This turned out great! What a fantastic interview. Thank you again for the invitation over to your blog. I had a fun time too.

    ReplyDelete