Wednesday 4 March 2015

REVIEW!!!

5152561Title: Fragile Eternity 
Author: Melissa Marr

Series: Wicked Lovely #3   

Date Published: 21th april 2009



Description:Seth never expected he would want to settle down with anyone - but that was before Aislinn. She is everything he'd ever dreamed of, and he wants to be with her forever. Forever takes on new meaning, though, when your girlfriend is an immortal faery queen.

Aislinn never expected to rule the very creatures who'd always terrified her - but that was before Keenan. He stole her mortality to make her a monarch, and now she faces challenges and enticements beyond any she'd ever imagined.

In Melissa Marr's third mesmerizing tale of Faerie, Seth and Aislinn struggle to stay true to themselves and each other in a milieu of shadowy rules and shifting allegiances, where old friends become new enemies and one wrong move could plunge the Earth into chaos. 



Review:  
Well in this book we go back to the Aislinn and Seth story and the struggle they have in mixing the mortal world with the one of the Fey. Aislinn is feeling the power grow as the pull of summer is upon them . As summer gets closer and closer she feel a need to be near Keenan and to touch him, as you can imagine this doesn't  do much for her relationship with Seth .In this book we see Seth struggle with his mortality. He hates that he isn't strong enough to protect Aislinn and that he isn't going to be around forever and sooner or later he is going to have to hand he over to Keenan. So Seth sets off looking for a way to change that and to become Fey himself. He tries to turn to his Faerie friends to help him out but  they refuse him, so he looks for another way and ends up in Faerie .

This is where we meet Sorcha , the unchanging queen of faerie. She is meant to be the worse of the fey but it turns out she isn't that bad, she helps Seth become what he wants and adopts him has her son. But has she created war with the other faerie courts by doing so.


what do I think of this book well I'm a bit unsure, I liked some parts and then I thought some parts dragged and I struggled reading it.  I had high hopes for this series but it just hasn't been able to deliver. I find the books are getting harder to read as they go on. I really wanted to love this book because  I loved Seth so much in the other books, but he had totally changed in this one. He wasn't the same boy as Aislinn fell in love with.  I also didn't like the fact that Seth went to all the hassle of changing himself for the love of Aislinn and she was so easily gave in to Keenan when she thought Seth had gone.  

I think Marrissa has a really good idea with the story line of these books and I really love some of the characters, but  I feel there is just something lacking from them. More needs to be done. they need to  have the pace taken up a little and maybe a little more action added.  But this is maybe just me, id be really interested in seeing what everyone else thinks about this series. 


It really is a series I want to love and I do keep reading them, and keep trying  but I cant  give my heart to it.  Here's hoping that the next book will do better then the last ones. 



RATING OF 3 LIPS 









No comments:

Post a Comment